Wednesday, January 8, 2014

frustration and mind-block :P

So I know that at one point in my life I was able to come up with creative ideas for lessons for my students, and I still get ideas once in a while, but I feel like I’m at a standstill.  I cannot get my mind to take the time to develop quality lessons.  I don’t know if it’s just because I’ve been on break for so long that my mind isn’t ready to get back into gear or something else, but it’s really getting frustrating.

As I sit here in a coffee shop, having decided that it would be a more conducive work environment than my living room couch, all I can think of is the book sitting a foot away from me and how much I’d rather be reading it.  All I can do is continually switch between the tab of my lesson planning and my Facebook tab, which is absolutely useless.

I am in great need of some divine intervention in the idea and motivation department.  I should be motivated enough, seeing as how I’ve had two and a half weeks off of planning (more if you count the days where I didn’t really need lessons because of other school activities).  The break must have done the opposite of what it should have, though.  Having the opportunity to teach my second graders music three times a week really is a blessing.  Think of how much I can teach kids when I see them two hours and twenty minutes a week as a opposed to the thirty of last year!  However, it has led to a very quick expenditure of all previously-taught lessons, and now I’m in serious need of some new ideas.  Ay, I can only hope that inspiration hits me incredibly soon!

1 comment:

  1. awwWWWwww... I'll try to look for some musical things to inspire you. :) Sometimes though, I know our creative tendencies just kinda fizzle out from overuse. Maybe try another creative outlet (besides blogger) and that will spark the music lessons again. :) Try writing a poem. Or how about doodling a little story? :)

    ReplyDelete